Cold Pressed Oil is extracted below 49 degree Celsius. Traditionally peanut oil was extracted with the help of ox pulled grinders,
which was very lengthy and healthy way of extraction. The vital anti-oxidants, fats, amino-acids and vitamins would be rich in this
kind of oil.
At Friends & Brothers, we are extracting oil using grinders powered by electricity. This cold pressed oil is set aside for 4 days to let the sedimentation process bring down peanut butter to the bottom of the jar. We separate oil and pack it. It’s that simple. Nothing added/removed/processed into the oil. This is just traditional oil preparation only powered by electricity.
The health benefits of peanut oil include skin care, lower cholesterol levels, improved heart health and nervous system, it also prevents cancer and boosts cognitive function, strengthens the immune system and lowers blood pressure.
1. Controls cholesterol levels: Peanut oil is cholesterol free which is one of the major factor contributing to, complicated heart condition such as atherosclerosis. Since cooking oil is used in many different ways, eliminating this dangerous cholesterol from your body can help prevent a variety of heart complications. Furthermore, not only does peanut oil lack cholesterol it can reduce your current levels of cholesterol due to plant sterols. These phytosterols actually compete for cholesterol absorption in the stomach, and gut, which can lower your cholesterol levels.
2. Boosts heart health: Peanut oil also contains mono saturated fatty acids, like oleic acid, which increase the level of “good cholesterol” called HDL in the blood. This beneficial cholesterol helps to scrape off, and reduce bad cholesterol (LDL), and lower your risk of coronary heart diseases and strokes.
3. Prevents cancer: Peanut oil has high levels of polyphenol antioxidants, including resveratrol. Things compounds helps to eliminate free radicals, which are the dangerous by-products of cellular metabolism, that causes huge range of diseases like cancer. Studies have shown that switching to a peanut oil which has high resveratrol, can decrease your chances of developing cancer, thanks to its antioxidant properties.
4. Lowers blood pressure: Resveratrol has another important function in the body, it interacts with various hormones that affect with blood vessels, like angiotension, which constricts vessels and arteries. By neutralizing the affect of that hormone, resveratrol helps decrease blood pressure, which decreases stress on the cardiovascular system.
5. Prevents cognitive disorders: Alziemher’s disease is one of the most widespread and tragic conditions, that affect people as they get older, but resveratrol a multi-functional antioxidant has also been shown to eliminate or slower the cognitive diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and Dimentia. Free radicals are responsible for the breakdown of neural pathways in the brain, so antioxidants like resveratrol can slow or stop that process very effectively.
6. Skin care: Peanut oil, like many vegetable oils, is quite rich in vitamin E, which is an essential vitamin for human beings. It is particularly important for the maintenance and health of the skin, protecting it from the affect of free radicals, that causes wrinkles, blemishes and other signs of premature aging. The vitamin E in peanut oil keeps your skin looking young and healthy as you get older.
7. Boosts immune system: A final benefit of the impressive levels of resveratrol, is improvement of your immune system. Viral and fungal infections are particularly susceptible to its antioxidant properties.